All the necessary track work has no arrived and I can start laying track in earnest.
I have to say a big thank you to Greg King for assembling all the point work for my layout.
I’ve finally made a start on my own O scale layout. My space is very small in the confines of my small shed but I’m hoping to pack as much operational enjoyment in as I can.
Today I printed one of the cabs and set about painting and finishing it before I can install it on the model.
Work is pushing ahead with the assembly of the underframe and saloon ends. The end platforms have also been installed.
Painting is now progressing as well along with the start of decal work.
Saloon parts have been printed. These are simple two part components to allow the best orientation on the 3D printer and prevent support material flashing to appear on any external surface.
Now to primer the surface and paint the body colour.
I used a fantastic range of paint from Scale Modellers Supply specifically colour matched to the SEC colours. This range can be purchased from the SMS website and soon from this site. Click here for more information.
After making a start on modelling I printed the first parts for the model which included the drop centre floor, seats, some side sections and bulkheads.