Today I’ve install the driver controls. These come in two parts. The controller and the brake/ handbrake pedestal. You will also notice a box in the middle of the cab. This covers an LED I installed as I want a fully lit car.
Work has progressed on the model with the adapter plates on the Steam Era Black Beetle trucks. These are working out a treat.
Decal work has also progressed.
Today I printed one of the cabs and set about painting and finishing it before I can install it on the model.
Work is pushing ahead with the assembly of the underframe and saloon ends. The end platforms have also been installed.
Painting is now progressing as well along with the start of decal work.
Saloon parts have been printed. These are simple two part components to allow the best orientation on the 3D printer and prevent support material flashing to appear on any external surface.
Now to primer the surface and paint the body colour.
I used a fantastic range of paint from Scale Modellers Supply specifically colour matched to the SEC colours. This range can be purchased from the SMS website and soon from this site. Click here for more information.
After making a start on modelling I printed the first parts for the model which included the drop centre floor, seats, some side sections and bulkheads.